Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Blessed

Whenever I embark on something new and scary I invariably fall back to the things that have always helped me persevere. Although many may not know this about me, I am actually pretty religious. I feel very strongly that the only reason I have gotten this far is because of God.

Although it may seem a little lame, I have depended on God to help me through even the smallest things (like learning to drive). When I first learned how to drive I was so petrified, that I would only listen to gospel music in my car. It took almost 6 months before I could give Yolanda Adams a rest and just start my journey on the freeway with a simple prayer. Now, as I face the bar I find myself doing the same thing I have always done. Aside from making a new gospel playlist for the ipod, I have also starting praying more regularly again. I hope God doesn't think of me too much as a fair weather friend since I seem to become more devoted during times of difficulty. Given his omnipotent status, I am sure he knows how thankful I am for the blessings he has given me (even if I don't go to church as much as I should).

I am comforted by the fact that God has never ever failed me in my entire life, and I know he won't now. That doesn't necessarily mean that I will pass this time around (but I think/hope I will). It just means that no matter what happens I know God will look out for me and I will be ok. I am grateful for that feeling of peace, because it is the only thing standing between me and buying some ice cream to self-medicate because of stress.

No comments: