Monday, November 19, 2007

At Least You Don't Have to Ask "You Want Fries With That?" For a Living

The California Bar Results went public on Sunday and I was stunned by how many of my friends did not pass. Even more confusing was the fact that there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to what happened. People who are double H magnets failed while people that didn't even show up to class their entire 3L year passed. It makes me more than a little nervous about my future.

So far I have avoided calling any of my friends that failed because I am at a loss for words. Theoretically I feel like even if you fail the bar, all is not lost. Given the hellish things I have lived through, I think there are worse things in life than failing a test which can be taken again. I still think my friends who have gone to Boalt are blessed and have a bright future ahead. Nonetheless, I know that I have not experienced the hell that is bar preparation yet and my own words probably wouldn't bring me any comfort if I failed too.

No comments: