Monday, November 05, 2007

Did I Just Get Punked?

I woke up early Saturday morning and made my way to the MPRE testing center. The place was crawling with 3Ls with Barbri books stuffed under their arms. As I sipped on my coffee I made small talk with some of my modmates who were also taking the dreaded test. None of us really studied because everyone says that the MPRE isn't that difficult. In fact, I have more than one friend who has bragged about how they studied for one day and drank the night before the test. So as I cracked jokes and tried to figure out what schools various people were from, I had no idea what I was in for.

In fact, once I found my seat after a long and disorganized process of checking in, I had the nerve to feel calm. I even ignored the crazy girl behind me who was heckling the proctor for taking forever to get started. Still, I was a little surprised that this girl yelled out for the proctor to shut up and get the test started. I was also surprised that some people actually clapped once we were about to get started. Talk about lame. I hope none of those people were Boalties.

As I broke the seal on my test I thought for sure my cursory Barbri class had prepared me enough to pass. I was so wrong. That test was so difficult. Under the best circumstances I could narrow down the choices to two answers. But mostly I just had to guess and hope that everyone else was struggling like me. I haven’t found anyone that said that test was easy. I think I might as well re-register for the March test now to get a good test center.

No comments: