Friday, January 26, 2007

Misty Water Color Memories

I guess the beginning of a new year can breed nostalgia for some. How else can I explain why my old boyfriend from over four years ago decided to call out of the blue and see how I was doing? Mind you, this man is the same person who literally crushed my heart and brought me to my knees. I would have walked to the ends of the earth for this guy and almost gave up everything. He is the guy that taught me how foolish it is to travel half way around the world for a man and put all my career aspirations on hold. So I was shocked that he had the nerve to contact me after all this time. Part of me wishes I were married and living a life to be envious of. Granted being a law student at Boalt isn’t too shabby but I always fantasized that he would come back one day and I would be super thin, gorgeous, and married to a wildly successful husband. Even though I was tempted, I didn’t even respond. What could I really say?

No comments: