Sunday, November 12, 2006

Heading For Self Destruction

As finals are rapidly approaching I seem to be incapable of reading for more than 30-40 minutes at a time. I am so behind and yet I can’t seem to break myself of my full-blown TV addiction. I’m starting to think that maybe I do have adult ADD. How else can I explain why I have cleaned my apartment from top to bottom to avoid reading when I hate to clean? Maybe I’ll ask my abuelita to get me some unregulated, dispensed without a prescription Adderall on her next trip to TJ.

I guess the bigger question I should ask myself is why I even care about grades now that I have a cool job to look forward to for next summer, and potentially after graduation. Somehow I am just unable to purge the competitive streak I have from my personality. Something about the whole P=JD outlook (to the non-Boalt people, you get a "P" if you passed) has never resonated with me even though I don’t always get good grades. Its sick, I know.

1 comment:

Free as I Can Be said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have a job yet I still feel tremendous pressure to do well on finals. We've got to chill!