Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Free To Be

I wanted to give an exhaustive description of my 1L year and what I learned, but given that I have still not recovered from finals, I am not up to it just yet. I have spent the last few days filling my head with junk. I'm talking American Idol, Desperate Housewives, Law & Order marathons, anything tawdry and low brow. It has been great. I also want to pick up a few books to read. (suggestions are welcome) I don't actually start working until the first week of June so I am enjoying a rare respite from the chaos that has enveloped my life since I started law school. I can't even begin to explain how great it is to not have a reading assignment, WOA brief, or something equally oppressive hanging over my head. For at least a few weeks I will get to be the old La Mitotera again, which is priceless.

1 comment:

Antonio said...

I liked to start out with a Roald Dahl book and then move up to something like a Gould's Book of Fish. Then I would read cool stuff like America's Constitution, A Biography and People's History of the Supreme Court. The Brethern was lots of fun. Shame Of The Nation by Kozol was good. Email me and let me know what you're reading.