Friday, December 08, 2006

Under Pressure

While I admit the finals theme on here is redundant, I have mere days left to learn entire subjects. I'm not stressed in the crazy 1L way, but I am definitely feeling the pressure build. It never ceases to surprise me how overly optimistic I am when I estimate how long it will take me to finish something. I actually told myself (and believed) that I could outline for an entire course in about two days. That could have happened if I wasn't me. Maybe if I was hooked up to a red bull IV and hopped up on Adderall I could have completed that feat, but no, I'm still my usual old self who compliments every 20 minutes of outlining with at least 10 minutes of internet surfing. I am so screwed.

2 comments:

Bill Business said...

Same problem here, except replace 10 minutes of internet surfing with an hour of video games.

Armen Adzhemyan said...

After 2.5 years at Boalt, I have come across some strategies.

1. Study at the coffee shops. This works wonders.
a) First, I get enough caffeine in me to support a mid-sized developing nation whose main export is coffee...say Ethiopia.
b) Second, any decent Berkeley coffee shop has a minimum of 3 to 4 bums in it or around it. Do you want them to sit next to you and chat with you? Well then quit your gauzing and start hitting the books.
c) I like showing off my ipod for those said bums. This has nothing to do with studying, but you know, it's a nice feeling.

2. Study at Boalt...if you're brave enough.
a) Even if you get airbears, it's not like you're going to get a decent bandwidth to do any meaningful internet surfing.
b) It's amazing how effective second-hand adderall can be.